The new IIE Constitution may obviate the need for divisions in the future. However Regional Councils or Coordinators will be appointed to administer some functions of the Institute as a whole and to arrange for local member activities and representation.
Current divisions of the Institute of Industrial Engineers are:
- Australian Capital Territory: The ACT Council hosts the membership committee, arranges local activities for members, and is involved in relationships with other institutes.
- New South Wales: Undergoing structural change. A Federal Councillor has been appointed to represent NSW.
- Queensland: Hosts the administrative assistance to the Federal President, Federal Treasurer, and the Finance Committee. The Queensland Council arranges local representation and member events.
- South Australia: Undergoing structural change. A Federal Councillor has been appointed to represent SA.
- Western Australia: This Council is active in organising member activities, liaising with other Institutes and Societies of Engineers Australia.
- Victoria: This Council hosts the Federal Secretary and journal editorial representative, as well as arranging membership events and representation.