The Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) had its beginnings in the Australian Methods Engineers Association which was founded by a group of Australian Industrial Engineers in 1954. In 1959 this Association was incorporated as the Institute of Industrial Engineers.
Since December 1997, following a three-year trial, IIE also became a Society of the Institute of Engineers Australia. Since then the Institute has also operated as the Industrial Engineering Society (IES) of the Institution of Engineers, Australia (IEAust).
The Institute is a registered not-for-profit company (ACN 000 264 513) limited by guarantee, owned by its members, and managed by a Board composed of elected delegates from each division.
The Board elects a Chairman, who is also the Federal President.
A list of Federal Councillors (or Directors) appears in ‘About’ under the ‘Council’ dropdown menu bar.
The dropdown menu bars in this area allow Councillors and Committee Chairman to view governance documents and allows the Secretary to upload documents.